Click here to view the 2015 Call For Abstracts
National Nurses Week | May 6-12, 2015
Ethical Practice, Quality Care
NOVA’s 35th Annual Meeting,
Wednesday, June 10th, 2015 –Saturday, June 13th, 2015
For more information on NOVA click here.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Philadelphia, PA (March 27, 2015)- The American Assembly for Men in Nursing (AAMN) is excited to launch its new personalized membership portal. This new portal will bring direct service to its members and transform networking and communications opportunities among its membership. This portal has been designed to benefit its members and to provide a one-stop shop for all membership needs.
Through the portal, members will now be able to:
- Purchase and manage membership
- Network with members through the member directory
- Read the latest AAMN news
- Shop in the Online Store
- Register for the 2015 Annual Conference
……And much more!
“AAMN is all about serving its members. I’m excited about this new portal and eager to hear what our members have to say about it. I hope our members will take full advantage of this cutting-edge technology to stay connected with AAMN and to access its services. ” said Bob Patterson, AAMN President.
Contact: Karen Mota, Account Executive
Phone: (215) 243-5813
AAMN was selected as a founding member of the Nurses on Boards Coalition, a group of national nursing organizations working together to increase nurses’ presence on corporate and non-profit health-related boards of directors throughout the country.
Chapel Hill Celebrates 25 Years As An AAMN Chapter
A presentation of the certificate acknowledging the longest serving Chapter of the American Assembly for Men in Nursing was made in Chapel Hill, NC to the University of North Carolina Hospital and Nursing School today [1 December, 2014]. Awarded at the AAMN Annual Meeting in St. Louis, MO in October, AAMN Chairman, Edward J. Halloran, made the presentation to Dr. Eric Hodges and Dean Donna Havens. The Chapter was formed in 1989 by nurses from UNC Hospitals and the Chapel Hill Nursing School to educate the public about careers for men in nursing and to support the brotherhood of men in the nursing profession.
From Left to Right: Eric Hodges, Chapter President, School of Nursing Dean Donna Havens and AAMN Chairman Edward Halloran Dr. Eric A. Hodges, RN was the first man ever promoted on the tenure-track in the 64 year history of the School of Nursing in Chapel Hill.
During the AAMN 39th Annual Conference in St. Louis, the following award winners and Luther Christman Fellows were recognized:
2014 Award Winners:
- The Gene Tranbarger Writing Award: Brent MacWilliams, PhD, RN, ANP, Bonnie Schmidt, MSN, RN, and Michael Bleich, PhD, RN, FAAN, FANP
- The Lee Cohen Member of the Year Award: O. Danny Lee, PhD, APRN-BC, CNE
- The Luther Christman Award: William T. Lecher, MBA, MS, RN, NE-BC
2014 Luther Christman Fellows:
- Michael Bleich, PhD, RN, FAAN, FANP
- Jerry Durham, PhD, RN
- Dale Pfrimmer, MS, RN, NE-BC
- Michael Rysavy, BSN, BA, RN, PHN
- John Scott, BA, RN
Congratulations to our 2014 award winners and Luther Christman Fellows.
AAMN Announces 2014-2015 Board of Directors:
- President: Bob Patterson, MSN, RN
- Vice President: Lavoy Bray, MEd, RN
- Treasurer: Anthony Roberson, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC
- Secretary: Jonathan Lee, BSN, RN
- Chairman of the Board: Ed Halloran, PhD, RN
- Immediate Past-President: William T. Lecher, MBA, MS, RN, NE-BC
- Jerry Browne, BSN, RN
- Robert Hess, PhD, RN
- Jason Mott, PhD, RN
- Mark Romportl, RN
- Eric Williams, DNP, RN, CNE
- InterAction Volume 30 Issue 4 is now available.
- AAMN InterAction, Volume 3 , AAMN InterAction,Volume 2. These volumes are available for view by the public.
- Excellence in Nursing Education - Program Overview
Excellence in Nursing Education - The Inventory of Male Friendliness in Nursing Programs (IMFNP)
AAMN strived to develop a program that would assist schools in its accreditation activities. AAMN's program to recognize Excellence in Nursing Education Environments Supportive of Men (the recognition program) is designed to provide evidence to stakeholders that a specific program is gender - inclusive. Read more about it here.